WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO BE HAPPY IN LIFE?

The biggest scare I faced last year was on my birthday which was a couple of months ago; when I realized that I will be entering my thirties next year. This gave me few sleepless nights. Never ever I was so worried about getting older. This was further influenced by my family who were pressurizing me to get married soon 


One day, I took a pause from my routine to have self evaluation of the last decade of my life and how happy I am today. I compared my present with myself 10 years ago, the year 2010 where in I was in college for my graduation. Ah..! What wonderful days. Those were the days of empty pockets but with no responsibilities and pressure.

 

So where do I stand today? I asked myself.


Well, today I have a great job, a bigger home, a car, a sports bike & all the gadgets I wished for (not that I need them). Do these things make me happy? Of course, they don’t. Not entirely though. So, why do I wish for even bigger materialistic things? What really gives me happiness is staying close to my family & friends, spending time with them, travelling & music and being really helpful for someone in need.


At this moment, it struck me like a lightning - Do I need anything more than what I already have in my life to do more such things? Not a bit. Then why not be happy now.


These made me realize that another decade will come and go in the search for happiness and wishing for bigger things in life. But, if there is any time to be happy then it is today and it is now.


So, what next? Now that I have realized the key ingredients to my happiness, I want to use them to become happier.


It's time for you to find key ingredients to your happiness.

Comments

  1. Great buddy.. Good going.. wonderful lines.. Even I miss those school days with you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful...
    Happiness......its a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep writing Manoj.
    It is very heartening to find a soul who writes,that too a new gen man,when very few have any inclination to read,much less write.
    At thirty, you are evaluating your life.
    I did it for the first time when I turned 50.I called the write up Half Century and not out!
    You keep on batting.The game is more important.Travel for the pleasure of travelling,not just to reach any destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir. I will keep writing. I have read your write up Half Century and not out! and I loved it.
      I do agree with you on travelling sir. My frequent travels have made me realize that pleasure of journey is more important than the destination.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theory of Relativity

Wherever Life Plants You, Bloom With Grace

THE CONSTANT URGE TO IMPRESS OTHERS