HAPPINESS IS A CHOICE

Today I completed my 8 years of service in the Indian Railways. Appointed at the age of 21 years on the 13th of June 2012, the journey has been no less than wonderful and exciting. Of course, things were quite difficult at times, but they taught me to be a better version of myself. 

 

Not many of my relatives and friends know that I qualified in the NTPC exam for the job. Many of them think that it was just bestowed upon me.

 

Presently, being a Chief Vigilance Inspector at such a young age makes me feel proud. Probably, one of the youngest ever in Indian Railways. It’s not the end though, got a long way to go from here and I am looking forward for it as well.

 

Looking back at my college days, what really surprises me is that I never wanted to join the Government services. As a matter of fact, I resisted my job offer at Railways for quite some time. Also, upon completion of my graduation, I had a job offer from Infosys which also had promised me to fulfill my desire for higher studies. But, circumstances said otherwise.

 

Initially, I was skeptical about continuing my job. I was exploring all the other careers as well as academic options. No doubt I was happy with what I was doing. I was making great progress too. Since I was prolonging my decision, I decided to make a call one fine day. The day come had to make the choice of my journey in Railways. It was quite a difficult one to make.


We always have two choices. To love what we do or do what we love. Instead of whining about what I wanted to be, I focussed on what I can be and chose the path for me.

 

Today, I have realized that happiness is also a choice. Believe me, our happiness is our own responsibility. We are in charge of our own happiness and we also have control over it.  There is no just one way to be happy. It’s up to us to be happy or make our life miserable with our imaginary troubles. Most people think that success brings happiness. But, it’s just the opposite. Even researchers have proved it.

 

How often someone asks whether you are happy? We rarely hear it. People often express their stress and sorrow to almost everyone instead of just their dear ones. You may earn sympathy from others when express your stress and sorrows to everyone. But, it will only push you further down in your pool of stress and sadness. Instead, when you express your happiness, you will spread it among others. Make up your mind that no matter what, you will be happy and you will be.   

 

Don’t be the person who won’t let themselves be happy. Life’s amazing when you are happy. Happiness is underrated. Your day to day life and relationships are directly influenced by it. Your happiness will have a positive impact on your spouse, family, friends and everybody else in your life. Stay away from negative people in life. Don’t let your imaginary troubles ruin your happiness.

 

I wish you happiness in life.

 

Till next time... Ciao...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theory of Relativity

Wherever Life Plants You, Bloom With Grace

THE CONSTANT URGE TO IMPRESS OTHERS