A letter to my Father



Dear Dad,

 

Today it’s been 20 years without you and I have missed you in every stage of my life.  

 

Though I was a kid then, I still remember the day when that saddest moment struck our life. The cries of that day still echo in my ears. It is unforgettable and the wound still is fresh. I never got a chance to say a proper goodbye. This still haunts me and makes me sleepless at night. I have spent countless nights imagining how wonderful would have been our lives if we all were still together.

 

It was hard growing up without you. But Mom is a warrior. She played the role of you as well. She made life look so easy for us, while she fought the ocean inside her. She used to hide her tears just so that we don’t feel sad. Didi also played a very crucial role in my life. Whenever I was sad, she used to console me like a mother and a best friend. She sacrificed so many of her wishes so that I could fulfill mine.  Both Mom and Didi together showed me the path of righteous living. They thought me to be an honest man in life and to control my pain and anger. I can never thank them enough. I promise you that I will take care of them forever.

 

Also, we had a lot of support from all the family members and relatives. Every one of them has been so caring, it’s because you were their favorite.

 

Our family is now extended. I am truly blessed to have a wonderful Jiju who takes so much care of Didi. When I look at them I see a perfect couple who were meant for each other. They both are leading a very happy married life. They were blessed with an angel but unfortunately, she was taken back. Hoping a new angel will bless their life soon.

 

Also, a new member has joined the family this year as your daughter-in-law. She is lovely. I am very lucky to have found her and she will be coming home soon.

 

Wish I could see you wearing a suit at my wedding. I am sure you would still look dashing in your white hairs now, which I never got to see you in.

 

I know how much you loved to ride the motorcycle and wanted one very badly. Wish I could gift you a motorcycle now and see you ride into the sunset.

 

Lastly, know I can never get a pat on my back from you saying that you are proud of me but, wherever you are in the Universe, hope you are proud of me.

 

I miss you. We miss you.

 

With love.

Comments

  1. 😰😰He will be seeing you . And he will be proud .. Aunty is a true warrior same like my mom .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My condolences. And I would like to think that he is up there, seeing and listening everything you want to show and tell him. Something tells me that he must be very proud of you and everytime when the dawn brings it's first ray and twilight brings it's breeze, maybe it's his way of patting you on the back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Theory of Relativity

Wherever Life Plants You, Bloom With Grace

THE CONSTANT URGE TO IMPRESS OTHERS